"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

125th Celebration

This weekend our church celebrated their 125th anniversary.  The weekend was full of activities, most of them involving food!  Saturday lunch was a BBQ cook-off with everyone making their best burger recipe.  Outreach planned/sponsored this, but I missed this part of the day.  Saturday afternoon/evening was a worship service, silent auction, and dinner.  Everyone was asked to bring something to donate for the silent auction.  I used this as motivation to complete some of my projects from Pinterest!  It was a fun evening, and we came home was an awesome porch swing! Sorry it's too dark outside, but I'll post a picture of it later!

Minky Blanket

Burp Rags -I bought cloth diapers at Target, used leftover fabric from my nephew's quilt, sewed right sides together, flipped it inside out, and sewed again.  I love how they turned out!

Sunday we had a breakfast before church to benefit the new preschool, then church, and another meal.  I was so full from breakfast I hardly ate any lunch, and we weren't even hungry for supper either.  Although that might be because we made a run to D&J's for malts and drinks. :)


We spent Monday cleaning and playing.  It was so so nice to have an extra day to recover!


1 comment: