"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, September 16, 2013

Kansas State Fair

Yesterday after church we headed over to Hutch to go to the fair with Zach's parents.  I was starving by the time we got there (I was stealing Lyle's cereal in the car) so we headed straight for the Pronto Pup stand.  Lyle is definitely my son and ate almost a whole one by himself!   

Pronto Pup!  Hah, this is what he does when I tell him to say "Cheese!"

Checking out the chickens

He loved that giraffe!



It started pouring just as we were getting ready to ride the train.  Lyle was not impressed.

Eating Grammy's ice cream!
A trip to the fair is all about the food!  Besides our Pronto Pup's, we enjoyed fried pickles, funnel cakes, kettle corn, and a trip to Bogey's afterwards for burgers, fries, and ice cream.  Stuffed.  A successful trip I would say!  Lyle's loved the animals, and we saw newborn sheep and piglets in the birthing barn.  Although we skipped through the carnival rides, we still were able to get in some good people watching!  The State Fair is probably the best place to people watch!  

2 comments:

  1. Kinda disappointed there weren't any people watching pictures. But I love to see pictures of my nephew! Next time we see you guys I'm going to need Shawn to take a good picture! We still have his newborn picture on our bookcase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete