"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Blogtember

I am trying this challenge to post everyday in September.  I am absolutely sure I will miss a few days here and there, but it sounded like fun, and a way to expand my topics on the good 'ol blog a bit.  Hope you enjoy! :)

(This is yesterday's topic)
Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I was born outside of Houston, Texas and lived there until I was four.  I think it's something about Texas, because even though I lived there such a short time, I still feel like I need to claim it!  Maybe that's why I hang on to those good old Dallas Cowboys!  :)  We moved to Kansas, and that is where I have lived ever since.

 I am the second to youngest of five kids.  My two older sisters were always gracious to me growing up (I'm sure I was the annoying little sister at SOME point), and are now two of my closest friends.  My older brother was only 1 1/2 years older than me and we were best buddies.  My younger brother was three years younger than me, and the three younger kids always played together.  Being in the middle of the boys, is where I attribute some of my "peace-keeper-ness."  I don't like to fight or argue, I would much rather everyone be happy, and compromise.  My husband should also thank my brothers for helping me learn to love action movies, outdoor adventures, and shooting guns.

My dad is a pastor, and my mom was able to stay home with us until my younger brother went to school.  My parents and the Christian home I was raised in, has been the biggest "factor that makes up who I am."  I am so blessed to have such an amazing family, something I try not to take for granted.  I had such a great examples to follow.  In my work as a nurse, it has hit home how many children do not grow up with things such as respect, joy, and thankfulness being "normal" in their house.  What a difference putting Jesus in the center of your family will make!

So now I am still living in Kansas, in a different small town, raising my son with my husband, and learning to become loyal to the Kansas City Chiefs, KU Jayhawks, and KSTATE Wildcats (mostly for you Jeffrey).  

How did where you come from shape who you are????   
   

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the attempt to blog everyday! My goal is every week! :-)

    ReplyDelete