"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Perfect Fall Weekend

This weekend was filled with lots of fun, projects, and relaxing!  The weather was beautiful, with temperatures that just made you want to be outside.


Lyle has not mastered the art of sleeping in on the weekends, so we got our cup of milk and cup of coffee, watched some Mickey, and hung out on the front porch.  Once Zach got up we headed out for donuts, pumpkins from the hardware store, and mums from the local garden center.  After Lyle got up from his nap and had lunch, we headed outside to do some painting.

We let him go crazy painting a pumpkin for Great Grandma for her birthday!

He was so cute painting with only one finger!

Until Zach started pouring paint on his hands!

Then he went to town!



I put chili in the crockpot, and let Lyle help me make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  He liked watching all the ingrediants mixing, and helped me add (teaspoon by teaspoon) the dry ingrediants to the wet.  He was loving it!

We spent the rest of the day playing, enjoying our fall foods, and watching movies.  I made some good progress on reorganizing our "mail station."  Pictures to come soon.  As soon as I decide if the new system works or not! ;)

A terrible quality of picture, sorry!  Changing up the decorations for the mantel.  The "B" was made by my awesome sister-in-law Kodi, and the print is from here.

Sunday was full of a great message at church, lunch with family, decorating the front porch, and then back to church for the fall business meeting. 

Our front porch.  I love it and can't wait for my mums to bloom!


These boys make my heart smile!
I hope you all had a great weekend!  And guess what?? IIIIITTTSSSS HUMP DAY!!!!!!!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you post pictures of the family! I miss you guys so much! Those mums are huge! Can't wait to see what they'll look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! I love your blog and the pictures are wonderful! Thanks for taking the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete