"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, September 20, 2013

Kid-Test, Mom Approved Link Up

Today (a day late, I forgot to post it last night!) I am linking up with some great gals, and sharing the things that are loved most by kiddos!  I could go backwards and write about the things that were the best with Lyle was little.  But I think I'll stick to the toddler edition and go with what we are loving right now!
 
1.  Mini GT Stroller
I have written about this before, but we LOVE this stroller.  It has such a smooth ride, folds up remarkably easy, and the back lays all the way down making it perfect for napping when we are out and about.  We didn't have this stroller until Lyle was about 1 year old, but the straps are adjustable, and since the back lays down, I think it would work great for little ones too!



2.  Mega Blocks
Lyle got these from his Aunt for Christmas and he gets them out every night to play with.  Most of the fun is dumping them all out of the bag, but we also use them to work on colors and numbers. 

 
 
3.  The Little Blue Truck book
First, let me explain a little about Lyle and books.  When he was little he had no interest at all.  He wouldn't even sit still for one page.  He is getting much better now, and he will bring books to us to "read."  And by read I mean, he will flip the pages and point to things, but you will be lucky to read three words on that page.  The Little Blue Truck book is Lyle's favorite.  He picks it every night before bed to read, and it is the only book I have been able to read through completely to him.  As I was searching for a picture of it, I realized there are more Little Blue Truck books (even a version in Spanish that would be so fun to try!)  Hello Christmas presents! :)



4.  Tractors, Tractors, Tractors!
We have a farm loving boy for sure!  He loves to go ride with his Dad or Papa in the trac-tor, bomb-bine, or dump-dump.  He will scoot around on this little John Deere all over the house!  He only recently learned to go forward very well.  Before he either scooted backwards, or picked up the tractor between his legs and waddled forward. :) He also loves his play tractors that he can push all over the floor. 

5.  Our final love is the tubberwear cabinet.  It is so true that they love "non-toys" as much or more than the expensive ones!  Whenever I am in the kitchen, that is mostly likely where you will find Lyle. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment