"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Advice

Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 



Source

I learned this verse when I went on a mission trip during high school to a Navajo reservation.  The boys on the trip were busy building shelves for the school, other kids were teaching bible school, and I was painting trim in a trailer for a new teacher.  I kept thinking, "Painting trim?  I thought I was going to be making a difference on this trip!"  Each night one student led the devotional for our group.  I can't remember who shared this verse, but it changed my whole perspective of the week.  Painting trim and cleaning that trailer probably meant the world to that new teacher.  Giving up a week of our summer to go help others was making a difference even if we didn't share our faith in words with anyone.  Actions speak so loudly.  It is so easy to think what we do doesn't matter, or that we don't have the chance to reach someone.  But people notice.  They notice things like hard work, patient answers, and not joining in the gossip or complaining.  "So whether you eat or drink or WHATEVER YOU DO, do it all for the glory of God."  The point is that our attitude about everything can reflect our love of God.  So when I'm complaining about cleaning the house or going to another meeting, instead I should be reminding myself to do it all for the glory of God instead.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment