"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Rewind

I love the weekends.  Why they can't all be three-days long is beyond me!  Friday Zach had a crazy day at work, and after a long week he headed to bed early.  This gave me time to pull out my fabric and start working on Lyle's quilt!  I bought his fabric quite awhile ago, but since I haven't set a deadline for his quilt to be done, it keeps getting pushed lower on the project list.  I'm not sure why, because I am so excited about it!  Just look at that farm animal cuteness!  I'll try to post pictures of the progress.


Saturday morning we headed up to Wichita to take my car in for a service appointment.  They loaned us a new 2013 Honda Odyssey while my car was being taken care of.  Let me tell you we almost became a mini-van family on Saturday.  It was soo nice and comfortable!  I couldn't believe the amount of difference between it and my CRV.  I told Zach we couldn't even talk to the financing people because I was that sure we might actually do it! Ha!  We ran several errands, got some great deals, and had lunch at Panera.  One perk of needing to be in Wichita at 9 AM is that you are done and home by 2! 

Playing Sunday morning before church.
We went to church Sunday morning, then took lunch out to eat with Grandma.  Lyle was decked out in his Chiefs gear for the game!



Look at this app I downloaded on my phone!  I was laughing so hard!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog. I loved the story but the pictures were to die for. How cute and awesome is my grandson and my son...what can I say! Happy, Happy Happy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that same cow fabric up here and love it! I'm going to make Lyle a little drawstring bag out of it so he can store one of his Christmas presents or whatever other treasures he'd like. I also found one with monkeys. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete