"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Breakfast on the Go

Unless it's the weekend, sitting down for breakfast at our house doesn't happen.  During the week, Lyle eats once he gets out to Annie's, Zach typically doesn't eat breakfast unless I make him a smoothie, and I usually take yogurt, a bagel/English muffin, or something similar and eat it on the way or at work.  The other day I came across Pioneer Woman's recipe for breakfast burritos.  I absolutely LOVE breakfast burritos.  I get them 95% of the time when we go to Sonic, and Lauren and I depended on them to survive nursing school clinicals!

They ended up being more simple than I thought they might be!  I used frozen southwestern hash browns instead of making breakfast potatoes, which made it go a lot faster.  I wrapped each burrito in foil and stuck them in the freezer.  

In the morning I will unwrap the foil, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes.  The very edge of the tortilla tends to be a little hard, but I just tear that little bit off, and it is good to go!  It's so nice to know I have something in the freezer I can just grab.  

Ready to go to work!  Find Pioneer Woman's Recipe here. 
If you have a quick or easy breakfast recipe I'd love to hear it!

 

1 comment:

  1. Good job Kim! I'm going to try some make your own instant oatmeal stuff. I'll let you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete