"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

HAWAIIIII

We were extremely blessed to be able to take a vacation to Hawaii for the past couple of weeks.  And it was AH-MAZE-ING! Zach's Aunt Jill, Uncle Pat, and cousin Madi live in Kailua, Oahu and Madi was graduating from high school.  So we made the huge sacrifice to head to Hawaii to be there.  I know, what a rough life, huh? 

After making and remaking my packing lists for a couple weeks, I busted out the suitcases, and set out to pack for three people for two weeks.  I used to not mind packing for vacation...when it was just me.  It made me excited for the upcoming trip!  Now I dread it, because it just overwhelms my brain a little too much!  That's why I rely on my lists, otherwise I would lose it!  And probably forget half of what we needed. 

We headed up to Wichita after work on the 22nd, got spray tanned-up (mostly so we wouldn't shock the world with our Kansas skin), hit up the Warren to see Iron Man 3 (and made my husband a happy man!), then headed to the hotel by the airport to meet up with Zach's parents and our boy.  We've found its pretty convinient to stay there when flying out the next morning, reducing the early morning packing stress, and for this length of trip we were pretty equal in what we would have had to pay to park!

Our flight plan to Hawaii was less than ideal:  2 hrs to Chicago, 5 hrs to LA, 6 hrs to Honolulu.  With a one year old, who would much rather run around than sit confined to your lap.  Let me also say he is entertained for about 30 seconds by books, videos, and toys.  He could play with a football for hours, but anything that can be done in an airplane seat?  Nope.  With all that said, he did pretty good.  Each layover we made circles around each terminal, letting him try to walk and burn as much energy as possible.  He eventually settled down for naps on each flight, and I'm sure our seat mates were tired of listening to me hum hymns to him, but that's what works! 

We made it to Honolulu and were picked up by Zach's cousin Ian, who was home from Chicago for his sister's grad as well.  It was dark by the time we got there, and once we got settled in the house, we crashed for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment