"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Saturday, June 7, 2014

13 Weeks





How far along: 13 weeks

Size of baby: peach

Weight gain: no change, so still down three pounds from what I was before I was pregnant
Gender: Lyle says that it's a girl.  I think that's because he's learning who is a girl and who is a boy, and he knows that momma is a girl!  lol

Movement: A little flip here and there 

Sleep: My overall energy has been better this week, but I haven't been sleeping very good, so still tired.

Symptoms: Headaches, some nausea in the evening (got sick one night), lower back aches

Cravings: Sherbert!  Seems like anything cold and refreshing has sounded good this week: iced coffee, sweet tea, fresh fruit

Best moment this week: We got to see our sweet baby on the sonogram on Tuesday!  We didn't have any sonograms this early in our last pregnancy, and it was so fun because you could see the whole baby in one view.  The baby would kick off the bottom, and then slide back down, and was moving it's hands around like crazy!  I'm going to have another mover on my hands!  Lyle always was a big mover when he was in my stomach.  I don't ever remember having to "count kicks" with him, if I would have I would have been done in the first three minutes!

(We had a sonogram along with genetic testing done.  Did you know they can measure the skin fold in the baby's neck at this point, and it is 90% accurate in protecting down syndrome??  I am amazed and what technology and medical research can do!)



Looking Forward to: My actual doctor's appointment is on Monday.  I love when they use the doppler to find baby's heartbeat, and we haven't actually heard it yet (just seen it on the sonogram), so that will be exciting!  

1 comment: