"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Things I Don't Want To Forget

Lyle has been talking from a pretty early age.  But now he is not just repeating words and phrases, he is coming up with his own stories, and repeating those words in completely new settings.  (Most of the time this has been good, but I know it could get scary soon!)

It seems like his imagination has taken off lately, and I love to see what he thinks up.  There have been several things that made me laugh, and they were so much funnier in person, but I wanted to write them down so I didn't forget!  Enjoy!
Looking not so sure at the dentist.  Who knows, maybe it will make a great story later!

He got a little tool bench for his birthday from his grandparents.  Most of the time he is hammering away, pulling the nails up, and hammering them back in.  He will make sure he has someone's attention, "Mama! Mama!  Me BUSY!"  Meaning he's working I guess.  But he will keep doing this, Mom! Dad! Me BUSY! quite proudly while he works.  If he's not "busy," he is pretending to cook.  He will bring me nails that are "cake" and a screwdriver to use as a fork.  I love it.

Continuing on his growing imaginations, Lyle loves to pretend that there are "monsters" coming.  We usually hide, count to three, then jump out and scare them.  Then each time he will change the color of the monster, "Green monster comin, hide!"  "Pink monster comin, hide!"  Lately he has been talking about wolfs and giants.  I'm assuming they have been watching or reading fairy tales at daycare and learning about Jack and the Beanstalk and the Three Little Pigs.  I was telling Zach's mom this, and Lyle launches into the story.
In a deep voice, "knock, knock, little pig!" "knock, knock, little pig!"  "knock, knock, (in a high voice) come in!"  then he blows and blows.  I was cracking up!  Grammy taught him the rest of the story and he was huffing, puffing, and not by the hair of my chinny chin chin-ing away!

I picked Lyle up from daycare one day last week, and told him maybe we could go ride in the combine tonight with his dad.  We got home, and Zach was still there waiting for us.  Lyle ran in and said, "Dad! Dad! Combine!  It's IMPORTANT!"  Very important indeed.  :)

We were praying before bed, and I asked him who he wanted to pray for.  He said, "Bless Daddy, Gigi, D&J's......"  HAHA.  Yes God, we are very thankful for D&J's and their amazing cherry limeades!  Last night he prayed for dolphins, lions, whales, Mommy, Daddy, and Lyle.




No comments:

Post a Comment