"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday

This week went quickly..mostly because work was busy everyday, and I had things to work on in the evenings.  But, even when your week goes quick, Friday is still a very welcome sight!  :)

I'm joining in the fun today, and sharing my top five on this wonderful Friday!  If you want to link up with Natasha, April, Christina, and Darci, visit one of their blogs and share your own fab five!



ONE Harvest time is upon us.  This is always a crazy time in the life of a Kansas farming family.  Zach is planning to take some days off work to help his dad cut.  It's time to bust out Lyle's pearl snap cut off shirt and go for some rides in the combine!  That boy is BEYOND obsessed with combines.

Last year riding in the combine
TWO  Fun weekend plans.  We have friends coming down tomorrow morning, and we have a birthday party to attend on Sunday.  We are pretty terrible at getting together with friends, but always have so much fun when we do.  Something I know I need to work on!  So friends, know that we love you, and shoot me a text....maybe we can get something planned! :)

THREE  Our weather has been gorgeous this week.  Lots of rain, which is much needed (it delays cutting wheat a bit, but honestly this year it came too late for the wheat and probably won't make much of a difference).  The temperatures have been in the 70's and 80's which is basically unheard of.  Usually we are least in the 90's by now, and the last few years have been in the 100's from May till September!  So we are taking advantage and playing outside after work, going for walks, and taking lots of gator rides out on the farm!

Bird Baths aren't just for birds, right???
FOUR  This boy.  He cracks me up.

He was using a stick as a cane, and singing: "Cane, Cane, Cane, Cane"  What a goof.

FIVE  Father's Day is on Sunday and I am forever grateful for my husband, who is the absolute best father to our son!  And Happy Father's Day to my own dad and to my father-in-law!  I am so blessed.
Love this picture
Grandaddy (my dad) rocking with Lyle

Papa (my father-in-law) giving Lyle a ride

Happy Friday and Happy Weekending! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the 5 on Friday…they make me smile. I didn't know you had taken a video of Lyle and his "cane". What a hoot! And I love the pictures of Lyle and his dad, Grandaddy, and Papa!

    ReplyDelete