"So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun." Ecclesiastes 8:15

Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend

Ever have that kind of weekend that leaves your heart full and a smile on your face?  That was this weekend.  We didn't do anything earth shattering, but we spent a lot of time together as a family and that is what I love best!

To start the weekend, here is a picture of Lyle's buzzcut.  And his scraped up face.  Poor boy bit it down the last couple porch stairs onto the cement.  Nothing a hug and some gummie snacks can't fix!


Friday, Zach and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary.  He sent me beautiful flowers, we ate nu-burgers for supper, and went to feed the goats.  We live a wild and crazy life, people!  But what a better way to celebrate than being with my family!


Saturday morning, my sister and her kids came down, and we went out to the strawberry patch.  I am sure the kids ate their weight in strawberries that morning.


So sweet helping his cousin!




After my sister left, and Lyle napped, I worked on a sewing project.  Progress is being made!  We finished the day off with a trip to the park. 


Turtle Power!


After church on Sunday, we headed up to Wichita to go to the zoo.  We were gifted a family membership for Lyle's birthday, and this was our first chance to go.  I love the zoo!  They had a map of all the future expansions they are planning, and it is just going to keep getting better!


Lyle wanted to see the Lions the most!



Pretending to be gorillas.


Here's to a great week!  Enjoy it like you would a weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment